Painting Vegetables and Lemons


I start with a light drawing.

I make a mixture of Ultamarine blue and Terra Verte for the background

I add the first wash of background color and wait for it to dry.




I keep a small test stip next to my painting and note the color mix I am using. I will use blue gray for the strips in the cloth.


In watercolor paintings I work my way from top to bottom or to the dries area first.

I keep noting colors that I will be using.

I put the base color on the first and vegetables.

I add more of the local color.

I keep testing colors on the strip at the side of my painting.


I add more color to the vegetables.



Once the first layers of color are dry I apply stronger color using less water washes.

I complete the vegetables I have started and add some base shadows. I put a red ring on the plate and add the plates shadow.

Vegetables and Lemons
9x9
Watercolor
$50.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog