Whimsical Ostrich watercolor painting

Two of a Kind
11x15
watercolor

I started very light with with a yellow ocher watercolor wash. When I was about half way done I put in the background wash letting it dry then going back to deepen some areas. I though I was finish then stepping back, always a good thing to do I realized I had too much medium tone values and needed dark's so I darken areas of the Ostrich in the final wash try to keep the fluffy areas I had created earlier around the head of the Ostrich.

These two happy little guys are ready for breakfast now.

Two of a Kind,Ostrich
Two of a Kind,Ostrich, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting:
Two of a Kind
watercolor
11x15 inch
Media: watercolor
Size: 15 in X 11 in (38.1 cm X 27.9 cm)
How to Purchase:




All Work ©2006-2016 Art by Delilah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog