Painting Wild Flowers.




I was on my morning run when I notice a field full of Queen Ann's Lace. I knew I had to go back and take some pictures and my sketch pad and try to capture what I felt in the swaying heads of the delicate weed.I think they are prettier than most garden flowers and have loved them ever since I was a child.





Queen Anne's Lace is found all over the United States and goes by many different names: Wild Carrot, Birds Nest Weed, Devils Plague, Fools Parsley, and Lace Flower. You have probably seen it growing by the roadside.




There are many stories as to how Queen Anne's Lace got its name. Probably the most popular one is that when Queen Anne was making lace she pricked her finger and bleed. The red flower in the center signifies the drop of blood from Queen Anne's finger. All I am sure of is I

Queen Anns Lace No. 2
Queen Anns Lace No. 2, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Queen Anns Lace No.2
12x9 watercolor on 140 lb coldpress watercolor paper

Media: watercolor
Size: 9 in X 12 in (22.9 cm X 30.5 cm)
Price: $100 USD


How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

. p>Queen Anns Lace No. 2
Queen Anns Lace No. 2, painting by Delilah Smith

Price: $100 USD


How"post your opinion in the comments"or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com,,Thank You:Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog