How to paint a Seascape in Watercolors

Art by Delilah

I wet the watercolor paper and stretch it by taping it down to a board. While the paper is still damp I apply a background wash of raw siena.I make a light pencil drawing on the dry paper of where I want the boats to be. I then add a wash of of very diluted ultramarine.


While the ultramarine is still damp I devlope the horizon line in a warm rose that mixes with the blue to make shades of lavnedar.

Using a flat brush I add the mud banks in raw sienna. I also add some rose to the sky.
Now that the sky and back ground are established I paint the masts of the sail boats and the hulls.

I use a light burnt sienna for the downed sails.
I begin adding the rigging and the morring pile.

I add the shadows under the boats and darken the forground mud.
 

  I put some gulls flying in the sky and work on more detail.
The finished work.
The Sea Waits
The Sea Waits, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting:
The Sea Waits
7x10
Watercolor on 200lb cold pressed watercolor paper
Media: watercolor
Size: 10 in X 7 in (25.4 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $50 USD
How to Purchase:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog